The RefDesk2.0 blog is about my experiences with new technologies and library trends. I will be tracking my progress with the 23 Things On a Stick Program, a program for individuals working in Minnesota libraries.

Monday, June 9, 2008

Thing 3

I have had a blog reader set up for quite a while now (in fact I think I have three). However, I do not use them. They fill up quite fast when you don’t check them often, and well, I never was an avid reader of blogs to begin with. I enjoy the feeds for news and for entertainment, such as the Comedy Channel. I now have a few library related blogs and will do my best to create a habit of going to my reader account. If the content helps me to stay up to date and informed, then I think I will use more often. For those who do use RSS feeds, it is very important to have that feature on library websites. An RSS icon on the library events page or new books page will be a great marketing tool for libraries, because the patron will automatically be updated and informed.

No comments: