The RefDesk2.0 blog is about my experiences with new technologies and library trends. I will be tracking my progress with the 23 Things On a Stick Program, a program for individuals working in Minnesota libraries.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thing 16

We have the research project calculator on our library website page near the research help. I do incorporate the calculator during my library instructions and demonstrate the helpful links that guide the student through the various steps. I was not aware of the teachers guide before this exercise and will bring it up to instructors when the opportunity arises. When I introduce this feature to students I seem to always get good reactions. I encourage it as a organizational tool and a tool to use if they feel overwhelmed at the beginning of a big project because it may help to see the process as individual steps rather than one large deadline.

No comments: