The RefDesk2.0 blog is about my experiences with new technologies and library trends. I will be tracking my progress with the 23 Things On a Stick Program, a program for individuals working in Minnesota libraries.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thing 14

I enjoy using my library thing page. I mostly use it to keep track of my own reading, I don't do much with the tagging options or reviews. Although when I started I did envision myself using those features more. I like seeing the numbers for other readers of my books. Our library has a library thing account, we have a link for it on our website. It is a good promotional tool. We are in the process of re-designing the website and are considering a library thing widget on the site, but are also concerned about widget overload. Library Thing also seems to be a great marketing tool for new authors.

No comments: