The RefDesk2.0 blog is about my experiences with new technologies and library trends. I will be tracking my progress with the 23 Things On a Stick Program, a program for individuals working in Minnesota libraries.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thing 20

The library I work at used to have a myspace page, turns out no one really kept it up. I can see the potential of a face book or myspace page for a public library, especially teen services. It is however another opportunity for free marketing. Myspace is now owned by fox, and generates revenue off of ads. Myspace uses the information you put on your page, interests and what not, and then advertises specifically to your interests. There are social networking sites for career development as well such as climber and linked in which are more appropriate for adults, in my humble opinion.

No comments: