The RefDesk2.0 blog is about my experiences with new technologies and library trends. I will be tracking my progress with the 23 Things On a Stick Program, a program for individuals working in Minnesota libraries.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing 11

I have been using my del.ic.ious. account for a while now. I also set up a Furl account, but only use the del. account. Firefox has great plug-ins for del. so you can have have your tags at the left of your screen in an different pane so while you scroll through your tags the page your are on is not disturbed. It is very helpful with reference because I can access many different tags, websites, without a bunch of clicking and windows popping up everywhere. And of course it is helpful in keeping track of useful websites on any topic. We have two accounts for our school, but they are not used by everyone, it seems to work best for individual use.

No comments: