The RefDesk2.0 blog is about my experiences with new technologies and library trends. I will be tracking my progress with the 23 Things On a Stick Program, a program for individuals working in Minnesota libraries.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing 9

I liked Zoho writer better than Google docs from the start. There seems to be more functionality and formatting options, I like the tagging option best. All the formating options are right at the top (I am tired of drop down menus) no drop down menus and that is a plus. Google docs is just fine, I have used it before. It is nice to have different options, rather than always using Word and attaching docs to emails. The option for public or private is nice as well. But it leaves a person all that more connected to the Internet, I do not have Internet at home, Internet access can be intermittent, at best, for those of us who rent and live in older buildings, program like this is not very practical in this situation.

No comments: