The RefDesk2.0 blog is about my experiences with new technologies and library trends. I will be tracking my progress with the 23 Things On a Stick Program, a program for individuals working in Minnesota libraries.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing 12

I like digg, I wasn't aware of reddit.com and I think I will go to reddit first from now on. There are less adds and the content seemed a little more unique.

Are these sites helpful? Well up until now I was not aware that Tim Burton is doing his take on Alice In Wonderland, and this is terrific news! Even better news, Johny Depp may be playing the Mad Hatter. I really don't think this makes me a more productive librarian, but I will have some good news for a few friends of mine next time we go out for drinks. I joke, but it is a good way to stay in touch of what people find most relevant, most interesting, or most important, as well as entertaining.

No comments: